Local management, Bacolod Rae Ang
Local communication and contact, Bacolod KIN Skateshop
Exhibition partner, Bacolod The Negros Museum
In the Philippines we are doing workshops, exhibitions and concerts with 150+ kids and students with local partners. In the long term we aim to build up a local facility for creative production and expression as a main venue for our own work and as well as for other local and international projects.
February Trip 2016, Research, 10 days
Two coordinators getting insight and understanding of Manila's and Bacolod's cultural environment focusing on
• Creative sector institutions, NGOs, sponsors, partners and artists
• NGOs and institutions working with vulnerable youth or students of Bacolod to participate in the workshops
December Trip 2016, Workshops, 7 days
Three musicians and producers, one photographer and a coordinator conducted workshops with 150+ participants during the first six days, working two days with each of the three workshop partners and their associated children or students.
The toolbox for the workshops included headphones, laptops, soundcards, Ableton Pushes, midikeyboards, microphones, small manitors and all cables and cameras and photo editing software.
The main areas of the workshops were
• Beat production, looping and sampling
• Recording of a wide variety of local and traditional instruments
• Vocal rhythm and groove, rap, singing and reading to beats
• DJ-ing and scratch on turntables
• Still photography for large prints
• Everyday documentary on mobile phone cameras
December Trip 2016, Exhibitions and concerts, 7 days
Content from the workshops - recordings, samples, songs, photos, videos and vocals - were the foundation of the following live performances and exhibitions during the final part of the trip:
• Photo exhibition and live music at The Negros Museum, Bacolod.
• DJ set and live music at KIN Skateshop Get Down, Bacolod.
• DJ set and live music at Gorka Club, Bacolod.
•Live music perfomances at the contemporary arts festival P-Noise,The Metropolitan Theatre, Manila.